Stop your employees texting and driving.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
SafeDrivePod offers a complete solution that ensures the smartphone screen is locked during driving.
The product is a combination of three elements
The SafeDrivePod itself, mounted somewhere in the vehicle, sends out a wireless radio signal to indicate when the vehicle is driving.
A powerful app running on your phone that shuts off all access to apps when you are driving. You are allowed to make hands-free phone calls and use your navigation apps.
An important aspect of our concept is your safety. Your manager made a deal with you to get you and the car home safely. He/she will get informed about how you use the SafeDrivePod system.
IT WORKS FOR BOTH ANDROID AND APPLE IPHONE DEVICES
What is SafeDrivePod?
The innovative solution to reduce distractions while driving.
SafeDrivePod provides insight into the behaviour of your employees.
FLEET MANAGERS WANT THEIR PEOPLE TO ARRIVE HOME SAFELY EVERY DAY!
Fleet managers want their drivers to arrive home safely every day. Instead they deal with increased numbers of car accidents and increased cost of claims. An alarming 25% of the total cost of car damage is related to the driver being distracted by his or her smartphone.
SafeDrivePod prevents smartphone caused distraction during driving. SafeDrivePod offers a complete solution that ensures the touch screen of the smartphone is blocked during driving.
A SafeDrivePod in each vehicle ensures fleet managers that drivers cannot use their smartphones during driving. This leads to a reduction in car damage and cost from claims. Above all, it contributes to improved road safety and more certainty that employees will arrive home safely.
THE SAFEDRIVEPOD IS EASY TO INSTALL
No expensive IT support by the fleet manager is needed
- The driver receives a package at home or at the office containing the hardware (a matchbox-sized pod) and an instruction manual.
- The driver registers on the SafeDrivePod app.
- The driver downloads the app on his smartphone, enters their credentials and connects the app with the product.
- The driver places the product in the car, for example, in the glove compartment.
- The use of the product is relatively easy enabling much lower customer IT support costs.
HOW DOES IT WORK IN THE CAR?
When the SafeDrivePod is installed in the car, the driver experiences the following:
- During driving, the screen of the smartphone is blocked;
- After a specified number of seconds of standstill, the screen is unblocked again;
- Making hands-free calls is still possible;
- If the user switches off Bluetooth or the app, a notification will be sent to the user by text message/email;
- If the user pressed the SOS button to unlock the phone in case of emergency, a notification is sent to the user by text message/email;
OUR UNIQUE SOLUTION
The combination of pod, app and server make it hard to tamper with the system.
The smartphone has entered our lives and it seems we cannot live without it, not even when we are driving. Although we know we should not do it, we immediately tend to respond when we hear a notification of a new message. Countries have regulations that prohibit smartphone use during driving but the authorities are not able to enforce these regulations at all times. There are tools in the market that help you to avoid distraction but each of these tools can easily be avoided.
The combination of the three elements (hardware, software and server) make SafeDrivePod a unique and innovative tool.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
SafeDrivePod provides a return on investment (ROI) within one year by reducing cost. The estimated ROI is about 4:1, so it is not only an investment in safety!